Monday, May 2, 2011

The Return of the Space Clown edition

I thought World of Warcraft ditched the whole space clown stuff when we left Burning Crusade? Terathis, baby, you need to color coordinate a bit better than that. As a side note, thats why I wear plain T-shirts with no logos IRL, that poor poor Ramkahen symbol looks so sad :(

Been playing a lot of the new 5 mans, loving the new seven in a row thing, although usually I can't stand more than 2 or 3 without a break. Perfectly suits me where I tend to focus on one character for a while at a time and bounce around between whatever alt catches my interest for a few days, more or less ignoring the rest. Love it love it love it.

Eagle boss in ZA is REDICULOUS after whatever hotfix happened the other night, so many of my pugs have been eaten by that boss. There's just simply WAY more damage being thrown out in that fight than there should be, there's no way its Working as Intended(tm).

Jin'do in ZG is almost as bad, for differant reasons. I finally broke down and made a few macros to explain the fights, I was so tired of typing it out every time, then again when people would invariably drop and get replaced. Can't wait for the Warcraft populace to just KNOW the fight, and not have to wipe 10 times before the group finally figured out how to do it properly. Also, I hate being "that guy" that keeps telling you where you're messing up, and I've had to be "that guy" way too much recently. I've tried to keep the name-calling to a minimum at least, so I got that going for me.

I feel like that fight has 1 too many things going on, and the removal of any one single aspect would change it from frustrating and you gotta do it right to fun (but you gotta do it right). I'm thinking either the chains need less health, or the ghosts need to hit softer, either way it's a NIGHTMARE for melee dps, since the point is to kill ghosts but you CAN'T kill ghosts becuase they hit you so hard. At least Rhelyk can howling blast em pretty good, my paladins spend the whole fight judging and hardcasting excorcism. You'd think you could just dps the chains while ranged takes care of adds, but you can't since you always need to be near a fresh chain in case you get jumped. It's fine for ranged, REALLY easy on my hunter in fact, but melee just have nothing to do :/

No comments:

Post a Comment